Sunday, August 7, 2011

Beginning Laser Cutting


Our group has begun working on our laser cutting projects. As a result I have started thinking about some preliminary concepts and themes. So I have chosen to look at open source software and idea exchange as the hub of my 'market stall' which was our brief.

Because Sustenance is the theme for these two weeks I thought of what my day consists of and perhaps what I spend a lot of time doing. Because computers are a large part of the majority of what I do I feel that this is a primary component of the sustenance of our modern day living - although it is not a sustainable practice. However, looking into possibilities of sustainable technology I felt that open source software is a step in the right direction towards an interlinked and sustainable digital future.

Because of the interconnecting, modular web connotations of open source development I've started thinking of having a sort of 'weby' pattern of hexagons for my basic motif, and interlinking and moulding it to be the shapes that I need. Perhaps the next move is to experiment with further sizes and interconnecting these to produce functional variation. I still have not considered the need for interlinking and constructive (dis)assemblage. That will be fun though!!

I am also following tutorials and learning how to use blender gradually.

I created all the following images in Blender:





No comments:

Post a Comment