Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Final

Completed my Final Model
I came to the conclusion that I did need to involve the contributors more than I had planned. And following research and discussions I came to the idea that my form needed to change as people altered it how they wanted: just like open source software. So in my final model The ceiling or mesh is held up by beams which can fold and bend as the public move through it, which in effect alters the form of the roof and structure. The model did not work as well as I had hoped: the laser cutters only cut the thicker mesh I gave them for some reason ( and did it twice... not sure what happened there ) so my ceiling is rather rigid. However, we can see the principles even if in effect it does not work as well as I had hoped.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Bryton, I enjoyed critting your work. I wrote a full review on my blog: 1337monkeyz.blogspot.com

    Mickey (Jianxiang Ma)

    ReplyDelete