Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reality Transfer

After learning how to create sculpt maps in 3ds Max, I then proceeded to move my original concept ( my final idea from teh drawing paper ) in to Second Life. It was rather difficult finding a site that resembled my location in reality - between two apartment complexes. However, I did find one that seemed to be perfect! So I began construction and completed my original form and structure.


However, this highlighted a number of issues in my design.


  • The glass 'box' was too intrusive and may b uncomfortable for the workers and artists to have people watching them constantly.
  • The thresh hold opening on both sides of the studio opened the studio up to the public excessively. There is a prominent lack of privacy.
  • There is no exhibition space to engage the public - the glass wall ( which I had planned to have as the primary exhibition space - a membrane on which artwork can displayed ) was insufficient. It felt tacky.
This became the focus of my next work on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment