Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sculptie and Script idea

My sculpty is a waveform floor. It reacts with the user, so that when the user gets close it glows. The amount of  glow is proportional to the distance the user is from the object. I had to learn the basics of second life in order to implement this ( scratch is rather limited in options you can implement ). Glow is not an option given in scratch so I used to scratch to create the basic framework and then I edited the code using the Linden Script API to edit the code myself. However, due to the lag of hte server the overall glow manipulation is difficult to observe unless you run it on a much less cluttered server.

The following are some screenshots of myself at work - some are on my own server in order to demonstrate the effects (geometry and script effect is identical on the Second Life Grid):

Above: Using my own server to test out scripts and sculpties ( saving me a lot of bandwidth and time )

Above: Using the Secondlife grid and also using ScreenPluck - a program I wrote to take screenshots automatically while I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment